Monday, February 20, 2012

Limbo. The state, not the dance, unfortunately.

When Mr Accident is away it's all the firsts that are hard - the empty seat at the table, the first kids bathtime without his terribly excellent singing, the first time falling asleep without him holding my hand, the first time I have to drag my carcass out of bed to let the dog out in the morning. Every one a reminder of his absence, a reminder that Today Is The Day he starts on this new adventure, the one for which he (and we!) have spent over a year in preparation and training.

And now there is nothing I can do to help him any more. No more washing his training gear, cooking huge protein heavy meals or running out to buy new socks / goggles / god knows what else. No more turning a blind eye to the crazy online pack and boot purchases! And although it is arguable that all this was not much help during the prep process, compared to the three hours a day he was training, at least I felt like I was somehow in the passenger seat, helping to navigate. Now he's just off on his own. And I feel so helpless!

So I'm just going to have to put my faith in his training, his excellent equipment, and his boatloads of competence, and wait. Oh god, the waiting.

No news is good news, and we have seven weeks to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment