Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome to Autumn

I woke this morning to dark skies and pounding rain. The children and I had slept in an extra two hours. (Well, except for Peanut, she woke quietly at six and played in her room with her dollhouse.) It was so dark that we needed to put the lights on to see our late breakfast, and for Peanut to do her reading practice.

There is a huge puddle that surrounds our house, we are living on the Accidental Island today. My poor potted mint is under two inches of water, and the chicken pen is a swimming pool, far more suited to ducks.

So there is only one thing to do, really. We've bunkered down. It's the perfect day for craft, stories, and playdough. The girls will probably watch an episode of play school, I'll get stuck into the ironing, and then we'll have homemade rolls for lunch.

After nap time, however, we're heading into town to meet Rhonda Hetzel. She's written a book based on her wonderful Down To Earth blog, so we're going to get our copy signed. (If you are not familiar with her blog and you are interested in simple living it's worth a look. It's so damn good that it is included in archives of the National Library of Australia.) I've been reading her for about four years now, so I'm very excited to actually meet her! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to have met her...how lovely to be going and getting your book signed and to clap eyes on the famous Rhonda, lol...sounds like a cheese toastie and tomato soup day at your house...

    ReplyDelete